to our community Deportation Defender and the legal defense fund.
and take an active role in helping your friends and neighbors in Columbus.
How we serve the community
- Networking with immigration attorneys and services providers in central Ohio
- Creating a general referral service for immigrants needing help
- Connecting immigrants at risk of deportation with office equipment, translation services and other resources to effectively communicate with USCIS and/or their attorney
- Creating a 0% interest rate legal defense microloan fund to help low income community members pay for legal fees while fighting their deportation.
- Identifying and engaging at-risk communities and ensuring they have access to community resources
- Developing a rapid response network of activists able to mobilize within minutes of hearing about a developing raid or deportation
- Raising legal deportation defense funds
- Fundraising for additional deportation services in the Columbus area
- Organizing community workshops to educate the non-immigrant community about the needs immigrants face in the Columbus area
- Attending USCIS and ICE check-ins with immigrants at risk of deportation
- Working with other local groups to assist in compiling a resource guide for immigrants
- Raising awareness and debunking common myths about illegal immigration and the broken U.S. immigration system by humanizing subjects and exposing truths